Thursday, December 1, 2011

Green Smoothie Treasure Chest: Reusable Glass Straws & Mason Jar To-Go Lids

I've written about using green smoothies as meal replacements and snacks, but what if you're not at home with your blender, freezer, fruit bowl, and crisper drawer full of veggies?  In a previous post, I wrote about my love of mason jars (and working glass jars) for storing smoothies.  What if you want to drink it on the go, like while driving your car and are afraid of spills.  Or at my previous job we could only have beverages at our desks that had lids/caps/covers.  Enter Poppy and Pearl Co. on Etsy.

Bobbi of Poppy and Pearl created these snazzy "to-go" mason jar lids with a hole for your straw.  She has regular and wide mouth lids available.  I bought one wide mouth and two regular.  The lids come with straws that are BPA free (yay!) plastic, and reusable! The straws come in different colors too:  pink, purple, orange, green, and clear!  The tall straws for quart mason jars come in green (check out my longer green quart straw in the pic) and clear.  Don't have any mason jars?  You can buy the mason jar and lid together or just buy the lids.  I purchased mine for smoothies, but I'm a huge fan of iced coffee too!
wide mouth lid & straw on a quart mason jar






Poppy and Pearl Co To-Go Mason Jar Lids with Straws on Etsy!




But hey, if you're at home and don't need the lid but still want to slurp your smoothie out of a straw I found reusable glass straws on Amazon.  These are called Glass Dharma Beautiful Bends.  I've also seen stainless steel, but I'd assume those would get pretty cold if drinking an iced drink and I don't like the metallic taste water gets if it sits in a metal container too long.  Anyhow, the point is, I went with glass (see link below the photo).


Reusable Glass Straws on Amazon

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Thank you so much for the feature : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great way to share such a helpful message for sustainability! We are big fans of Stainless Steel Straws and appreciate just how many single use straws each reusable drinking straw saves.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete